Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Curious Metamorphose / Ch. 6 / Pt. 7 / Carlita's Party







Paula


While I was laughing and gossiping with some of my friends, I heard someone shouting,

“Get outa here!”



"Yea. Get outa here. Go home. We don't want you here!" As I looked over, someone threw a ball directly at Rags and it hit her. She was sitting with chocolate ice cream and cake dribbling down over her face and clothes. She sat frozen, unbelieving, as tears welled up in her eyes.

“I was invited, same as you! She shot back, in a knee jerk protest to what had just happened. She began crying, pretty hard . . . big, sputtering chocolate, sobs.

"Just, great." I sighed, and started walking toward the area, but before I could reach there, a crowd had already formed and they were forcing Rags off her chair and pushing her backwards toward a long grassy hill.


“Go home! Go Home! Go home! The girls managed to push Rags down the hill’s edge, to where I could no longer see her. They stood at top of the grassy ridge chanting down at her. I began running. Everything was happening so fast that it seemed in slow motion. I reached the ridge. There, at the bottom was Rags all alone, with everyone sneering down at her, “Go home!” An eerie stasis enveloped. Everyone stood still. The only sound was that of Rags sobbing. And then, there it was . . . someone threw a pebble from the small rock garden, hitting Rags in the head. Then, someone else threw a rock, and another, until it seemed like the beginnings of a hail storm.

I saw Rags covering her head. She started to wipe at herself, but, she wouldn't run away. She wouldn’t leave her spot. She was standing her ground! My nerves surged inside of me. I felt myself churning and boiling, as massive adrenalin started to pump through my body.

"Witch!" someone snarled, laughing at the rocks hit and hurt the target. "Witch! Witch. Burn bitch!" I couldn't believe what was taking place, as the scene became blurred with stones and frightful obscenities. The fact that Rags just stood stubborn and didn't try to save herself, made the girls all the more enraged. How dare she! The small mob was now in a state of mindless frenzy, a few were leaving the line and starting down the hill. It was then, that I saw the blood, mixed with chocolate.

A mental image of Rags lying dead on the lawn snapped me to action. "Stop this!” I cried out. "Stop! Stop!” I began screaming.


I pushed the girl next to me and then, I began hitting and pushing at the same time, at anyone and everyone, as hard as I could. But, there were just too many. So, I ran down the hill and pulled on Rags to try and get her out of harm’s way. She didn’t see that it was me. She didn’t even know me, as her eyes had glazed over. She fought me as we fell hard, rolling on the ground. Both of us breathing hard, with me on top of her, I raised my hands again in protest and screamed up again, at the madding silhouettes against the sun. “Stop!” I was crying as I felt some more rocks hit us.

Horrible Day
MusicDiva
Music Lover

I'm sitting here with tears welled up in my eyes, still holding my breath....
Posted by MusicDiva on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 2:24 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

..In a way, this occurrence is always there. It is part of me. Thank-you Myles' Nana.
Posted by Paula on Thursday, March 04, 2010 - 4:20 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

..
PauLa Servetti
PauLa Servetti
Thank-you, all, very much. Tom, Suzy and Jeren.
March 4 at 12:00pm ·
Tom Stevens
Tom Stevens
That segment was downright frightening.
March 4 at 12:45pm ·
Bobby Jameson
Bobby Jameson
I cried... I cried hard.... I know what this is like...I know how this feels..... I was rags.... I am still crying..
March 4 at 3:50pm ·
PauLa Servetti
PauLa Servetti
Thank you, I didn't mean to make you cry. xo
March 4 at 10:22pm ·
Scott Cornwall
Scott Cornwall
I knew a rags who grew up to be a beautiful woman, like Cinderella...but her life was hell
March 5 at 7:02am ·
PauLa Servetti
PauLa Servetti
Thank-you Alissa, and Scott.
March 5 at 10:43am ·
PauLa Servetti
PauLa Servetti
Thank-you Morgana.
March 5 at 10:43am ·

No comments:

Post a Comment