Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Curious Metamorphose / Ch 6 / Pt.1/ Possessed


Paula


She held a white linen handkerchief as she read and every once in a while she would lift it to her face and dab. Sister Marie Doulette . . . the nun, I fell in love with. She was twenty two years old when she came to Our Mother of Good Counsel Parish, straight from being a novice at the Immaculate Heart Convent. She was beautiful like a statue of delicate porcelain. How I longed to reach out and touch her. She sat on my desk, it being at the very front of a long row and read aloud to sixty of us fourth graders. That day, she chose a new book to read from. It was a thin red book, called Possessed . . . the story of a young girl who became possessed by the devil.

Needless to say, this was the worst thing for me to be hearing. I was in an extremely fragile state at that point. I remember sitting and looking up into that glorious face and then down at her long delicate hands that held the book. Mesmerized and besotted, I clung to every word.

It didn’t take long, a week perhaps? I was in my bed, with my eyes closed, waiting for my dreams to take form, when I felt a presence. A force, that was stronger than any imaginings. My eyes flew open and through the darkness, we met. It was across the room and inside of the left top corner wall . . . watching me.

“Oh, no. No, please.” I murmured. I knew I was in danger. A danger, so evil, that it was not to be uttered. I knew no one could help me with this. Not even Christ, for the creature had conveyed to me that any thought in that direction would just utterly, piss him off! The terror that centered in my heart was unbearable and it was within that terror that he was planning to enter me.


The first night of the appearance proved to be nothing more than "it" staying up in that far wall, maliciously chuckling at me. After a good while of laying there frozen, with my eyes on the wall, I finally screamed. I had to, although I knew it was to no avail. My sister, Loni, who was in the other twin bed, jumped up as my father ran in. I started pointing at the wall. “It’s the devil! He’s here. He's over there. Don’t come too close to me.” I warned.

“There is no old devil over there.” said Dad, as he turned on the light and laughed. “See?” But, I saw the fear in his face. I knew what he was thinking.

After, he calmed me down a bit, I asked him to keep the light on. “Oh brother.” Loni shouted, and put her head under her pillow. Dad gave us both kisses and left the room.” Sitting up, in the light, and trying not to vomit from fear, I finally I fell asleep. However, the next day would find me again, at my desk, looking up at Sister Marie Doulet, as she read from the little red book.

Mad Butterfly
Divine Madness

little "red" book?!! Red, like the devil. hah! I saw the devil once too, seriously. I was a lot older than you were, tho. I was 21, or 22 when it happened suddenly upon waking -up in the wee hours to see it next to my bed, and I was not high or even had I been high for a long time, at the time..(heavy sigh) This took place in Sierra Madre, Calif, and you probably know of the place. I found out much later, when I got smarter, that the form it took was the evil MENDES, the goat! Screammmm!
Posted by Mad Butterfly on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 2:36 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Ha that is freaking funny! But it isn't when it is happening! xo

Posted by Paula on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 3:14 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

MusicDiva
Music Lover

That would be terrifying for anyone, but especially when you're just a child. What did 'it' look like?

Posted by MusicDiva on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 9:51 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Time will tell. Actually next time. Heh heh!

Posted by Paula on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 11:21 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

scott
Kenneth s cornwall

red, or black. Interesting that the devil is never "white". But if that's the case, what's the Cardinal singing about??? (cheep! cheep!) And that brings to mind an old saying of WC Fields..."come here, my little chickadee..." I know what you mean about the nun. In 1970, some friends and I went christmas caroling in the small town of North Creek, and ended up at the convent with Father Ashline. Father Ashline was not your average priest. He was not a holier-than-thou person...quite the opposite. He gave us 10 bucks and said "go have some fun" so we went out and bought some wine for that leather wine pouch I mentioned earlier...the one that helped give Jeremiah his name! I fear those days of understanding are


long gone. With the catholic diocese in Washington DC closing the doors of thier homeless shelters (a policy decision made based on the fact that "homosexuals" had been taking them over) and Pat Robertson claiming "god's judgement" for Haiti, the days of "why don't you go out and have some fun" appear to be over. Where's Sally Field when you need her?
Posted by scott on Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 7:36 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Well, I understand what you are saying, here. I myself had a run in with a friend, over the homosexual issue. She said one fine day, over lunch, said that gay people are abhorrent to the Lord, and that they choose their ways and therefore they are sinners, that will burn in hell. We've all heard these statements before, they are nothing new; but still when it comes out of the mouth of a person, that you have known for 15 years, and they know your sentiments, it is shocking. She is a SEVENTH DAY ADVENTIST married to a JEHOVAH"S WITNESS, (Imagine!) However they do share the same belief about homosexuals. Anyway, with that and a few other issues, (such as Obama winning the presidency, which pissed her off to no end, as he is..... well, I won't even repeat it, since she attacked things that were not of a political nature.) after fifteen years, she deemed it necessary to end our friendship. I told her that I didn't think that was very CHRISTIANLY of her. (Ha!) It just seems that many "CHRISTIANS" at the present time, are becoming rather hysterical. There are so many different CHRISTIAN sectors that I can't keep tract. My point being, that she is of the same mindset as that CATHOLIC Diocese in Washington DC. . . that if you are a homosexual you don't deserve a home, or "shelter from the storm." Shame on them! Pat Robertson, EVANGELIST is another example of this "god's judgment." I tell you Scott, these are dangerous sentiments, very dangerous./P
Posted by Paula on Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 12:23 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

scott
Kenneth s cornwall

I heard online about the diocese in DC. My Aunt was into Robertson and it totally ruined her as far as having fun was concerned. After she got into him she became guilt ridden and paranoid. She even asked my mother one day if she thought dad had gone to heaven. What did YOU think? Ha. (that was mom's response...what do you think?)
Posted by scott on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 12:24 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

It must be nice to live in Disneyland with Mickey and Goofy. Hey, maybe there is such a thing, I don't know, do you? Thanks Scott?

Posted by Paula on Monday, January 25, 2010 - 11:29 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

I share DNA with the devils henchman. : ) MOM!!!! You were one nutty kid for sure! Love it!

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 10:38 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

I really don't know what to say to that. I guess I just say thank-you. Ha! Love, Mom.

Posted by Paula on Tuesday, January 26, 2010 - 11:39 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

Oh me oh my. misunderstood fly. It was a joke of course. Everyone knows I was raised by a poet and a preacher.

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 11:53 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!That was good!

Posted by Paula on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 2:09 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

I may try it myself but am having trouble locating a soap box and the proper demographic... the insane demographic is covered from what I can tell, it just pays so much less than what we have become accustomed to. Hmmmm, what to do.

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 8:15 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Hummmm, I wonder.

Posted by Paula on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 8:28 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooo!

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 8:31 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Your wooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo! sounded really good on Bret's new song.

Posted by Paula on Wednesday, January 27, 2010 - 8:33 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

LOL! Yes, it was VERY impressive. HAHA! It is my contribution to American Idol & So you think you can dance. I am the wooooo hoooo girl. Who do the woo hooo? You do the woo hooo like I do and you do wooo hooo.

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Thursday, January 28, 2010 - 9:41 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

No comments:

Post a Comment