Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tumbling Down /Pt. 7 /Father Cherbuck

Paula





After I had finished, explaining my circumstances, as best as I could... There was a long, pregnant pause and then, the priest spoke. "My dear child, what a hardship you have been going through. Why would God do such horrible things to one of his beloved children? And you say that you are hearing voices? What kind of voices, may I ask . . . could you show me?”

"I guess." This I was not expecting, but in my best falsetto, I sang the sound of the voices.

“Hummmm. I see. Well, I must say you have a very good voice, my child. Now, you must put try to put this all out of your head, for none of it exists. None of it! Do you truly believe that Jesus loves you?"

"Yes, I suppose," I hoped he couldn't hear the doubt in my voice. "But, doesn't Jesus love the church lady too?" I asked, confused.


Gently, he replied. "Well, perhaps she is purposely set before you. Perhaps it is God's way to teach you how to love all our brothers and sisters, even when it isn't easy to do so. You have a good heart and you try hard. God does not expect you to be perfect or to always have perfect thoughts. You must believe that the Lord loves you and will protect you. You must believe this and your troubles will all go away. I promise you, that you, are not sick. Try to believe this and we will see. Now, my child, pray with me. Our Father who . . . Well, I pretended to pray, but all I could think about was wearing normal shoes, and pretty shoes, for the rest of my life.

Father Cherbuck really didn’t make any sense to me, but he was so handsome. He advised my mother to tell me that if I would try to get better, I could have a present, any present of my choice. So my mother told me exactly that, “if, I stopped all of "this crazy nonsense.” I said that I would really like to have a scrapbook.


Although, it took two months more of terror and voices, of which I tried to hide. I did improve. I did get the scrapbook. My father suggested that I go and talk to Father Cherbuck again, just to let him know how great I was doing. I didn’t think it was a very good idea, at all. But, in the end, I reluctantly did as I was told. I was ever so shy in telling him my progress, but he was very pleased with me and very pleased with himself for curing me.


I left the confessional downtrodden and fearful. I just didn't have the heart, to tell him . . . to tell him that I was not fine, at all. . . that, now, I was possessed by the devil.



Karmalade. Smear it all over your face.
Shaunti Negron Levick

Enjoying this very much Mom : ) Your blog is a joy to read. Not sure if you missed my post but Bowie is on the honor roll again and the Haiti benefit is all over the news... am waiting for the 11:00 news to see Bret. Love ya!

Posted by Karmalade. Smear it all over your face. on Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 8:49 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]







MusicDiva
Music Lover

And thank YOU for sharing your life with us, and some of your deepest thoughts and feelings. You draw us in with your eloquent narratives, and leave us eager for more. Simply fascinating!
Posted by MusicDiva on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 9:39 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Anna I am so glad we are friends. I must say, for ayone reading this, that it is quite funny that your daughter Heidi and my son Gustavo were going together for ages and it took Myspace for us to meet. It is so funny. thank-you so much for you on going input and appreciation, of my story.

Posted by Paula on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 9:53 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

MusicDiva
Music Lover

Ha Ha! I remember many trips to your house! Heidi always told me you were a very cool and talented person, and said I should meet you, but I guess the occasion just never came up. Very strange and ironic that we should 'meet' on MySpace, but better late than never...
Posted by MusicDiva on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 10:25 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Thanks to your little Miles! The beauty boy!

Posted by Paula on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 11:22 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Jennie

I am captivated by your writings, sorry I haven't had much to say as of late, life is spining at a tulmultuous pace right now,spring and summer will bring a reprieve, I hope. One of these days or nights (ha)shades of my ex, I will give you a call.
much love, Jenn
Posted by Jennie on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 8:36 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Hi Jen thank-you, very much. I know it has been hectic for you. I love how you make a comment, they are always funny and/or so honest . . . a rare thing to behold these days.... any days.

Posted by Paula on Sunday, January 24, 2010 - 1:21 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

I am glad you are finding it a joy . . . haha You are a good sport! I love you. Yes, Bowie is a so smart and artistic. You and Bret have done and are doing great job with her as parents. It does my heart good. And, Good for Bret. Bobby wanted him to know how kool he thought that was of Bret, so I will tell you here. Sorry I didn't make it. I almost did, with Tiff, but, then I stayed with Mia. Love, Mom

Posted by Paula on Friday, January 22, 2010 - 11:22 AM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

No comments:

Post a Comment