Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tumbling Down / Ch. 5 / Pt. 5/ Medic




Paula


I needed to go home. Something was wrong with me. But, I was stuck for at Julie's Aunt's for the duration of a week.


That night after dinner, the family sat in the living room to watch an episode of Medic, a hit series, narrated by Richard Boone, which featured a different star every week . . . a star with a disease. Each episode, revolved around the main character contracting of a serious ailment and the subsequent traumas that transpired in their lives. The episode that we happen to watch, was about a beautiful model who caught, none other than, the disease of Multiple Sclerosis. She was deteriorating slowly into a cripple with thick black shoes. Just like the church lady's! Lord! Heaven, spare me!


Already a wreck, from the voices coming out of the roller coaster. I was nearly comatose after Medic was over with. I had sat, memorized during the entire show. I couldn't sleep from fright, for I was, then, convinced that the church lady's germs, at some point, had flown onto my body. Obviously! I thought to myself, It was bound to happen. Sure, enough, I had caught that dreaded disease. God was punishing me for my evil thoughts toward the church lady. Simple as that. He was going to teach me, just how it was to be in her thick, black shoes.


It was just too much. I began to scream until Julies Aunt and Uncle became terrified for my welfare. They called my mother and told her that she had to come and pick me up . . . that, I was inconsolable and they didn't know why. One could just imagine how happy my mother was with that three o’clock in the morning phone call. So, I lied to her and everyone else. "I, uh, I was dreaming that . . . a, a huge gorilla with bloody teeth was trying to kill me!" I just couldn't bring myself to tell them about my condition.


The T.V. program was not a good thing, for, not only had it taught me the symptoms of M.S., it also showed the subsequent stages of degeneration. In a world already full of pins and needles, there I was, screaming into the nights, over the voices and my imagined disease. Some days I would wake, feeling numb all over, unable to move, for I was crippled. Other days, would find me normal, giving my family hope that this, thing, had passed. But then, suddenly in the night, I would cry out that I was blind, and start running into furniture and such. Or, I would believe myself to be deaf. No one ever knew from one moment to the next, what symptom I would come up with next. I was a mess.

After this went on a good while, at least a few months, my mother, unsure, and unnerved, and not knowing just what to make of it; finally and reluctantly, took me to be checked out by a doctor. "There is nothing wrong with this little lady. She is the picture of health." The doctor proudly announced. This was the verdict of approximately five different physicians, until one doctor stuck a pin deep into my leg and I didn't even react.

wolfwitch
Wolf Witch

What a place to quit writing. C'mon Paula we're glued to it over here & want to read what happened next!

Posted by wolfwitch on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 2:23 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

I'll be seeing you in all the old familiar places
that this heart of mine embraces all day. . . .Oh, were you saying something, Witchie Poo?

Posted by Paula on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 2:27 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

wolfwitch
Wolf Witch

So what happened next? a pin in your leg, yikes!

Posted by wolfwitch on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 5:15 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Jennie

Okay, Paula, I echo the sentiments from above...bad place to stop writing..you have me hooked.......................... hurry, post the next part
Posted by Jennie on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 5:25 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

You guys are funny! xo

Posted by Paula on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 5:57 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

BettyLuvs2rock

Ouch! Tap, tap, tap! C'mon! What happened??????
X
Posted by BettyLuvs2rock on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 7:08 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

Paula
Paula Servetti

Geeze! Maybe better make something up!!!! Like . . .it wasn't M.S. It was that, the monster in my dream was real and had put a spell on me, and it affected my all my senses, and then, he took me away to a dark cave! (And, then he joined a rock group!) Hummm not bad.

Posted by Paula on Sunday, January 10, 2010 - 7:23 PM
[Reply to this] [Remove] [Block User]

No comments:

Post a Comment